[asdf-devel] Question about pathnames discussion in the manual

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed May 26 13:32:06 UTC 2010

Currently, the manual's discussion about logical pathnames states:

"Moreover, the `asdf-output-translation' layer
will avoid trying to resolve and translate logical-pathnames, so you
can define yourself what translations you want to use with the logical
pathname facility."

IIUC, since a-o-t does not handle logical pathnames, it's not so much
that you /can/ define the translations you want to use with the l-p
facility as that you /must/ define the translations, or your binaries
will go untranslated.

Do I understand this correctly?  If so, any objection to my
strengthening the wording here?  I am making some minor tweaks to this
section, which I was just in because I was on irc the other day helping
Stellian and Raymond with some pathname issues in ASDF 2 compatibility.

Best,