[asdf-devel] SBCL port of ECL's extensions

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 22:17:02 UTC 2010

I just cut & paste what I submitted to the appropriate record in launchpad
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/542583
where the port can be downloaded and given a try.

I attach a straightforward port of two operations that ECL supports:

- Building a unified FASL file that contains either a system, or a system
plus all its dependencies.
- Building an ASDF system that, using the previous feature, can replace an
existing one (this include *.asd file)

The implementation tries to be done with future extensions in mind, such as
bundling all executables plus resources into an application, dumping images,
etc, but all is constrained into new files that are not required for booting
-- should simplify the process of reloading ASDF.

The patch need not be accepted as is. I will submit it for discussion at the
mailing list.

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)