[asdf-devel] ANU, or changes which should be backported to ASDF 1.0 [ Re: Enforcing pure *.asd files (1)

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Mar 24 01:19:43 UTC 2010

On 3/23/10 Mar 23 -8:01 PM, james anderson wrote:

> On 2010-03-24, at 00:08 , Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> On 3/23/10 Mar 23 -8:35 AM, james anderson wrote:
>>> good morning;
>>>
>>> On 2010-03-18, at 21:41 , Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

>> The :class case, I'll grant you, /does/ make sense, but I'm not
>> confident we should extrapolate too far from that.
>
> if one would go through each initialization argument and consider the
> implications of each, i would be more inclined to believe.

Right.  Let me be a bit more specific.  Any time I have to devote to
ASDF between now and a hopefully soon-to-come version 2, is going to be
sucked up in my launchpad backlog (especially the documentation items),
which sadly seems to be monotonically increasing in size.

So if you or someone else on the list were to do that pass over the
initialization arguments and, say, put them into a table with rows for
arguments and columns for, say, source-file, (internal) module, and
system, it would be hugely helpful.

I understand, of course, that you have already contributed hugely to the
project, and you have your own life to lead, so it might well not be
feasible for you.

Best,
Robert