[asdf-devel] ABCL testing issue

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 15:04:49 UTC 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:55 PM, ] wrote:

> http://ec2-174-129-63-37.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test/log/20100316T233422/abcl-output.txt
>

>> Testing: test-force.script
>> Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.18.1
>> Java 1.6.0_0 Sun Microsystems Inc.
>> OpenJDK Client VM
>> Low-level initialization completed in 1.985 seconds.
>> Startup completed in 3.591 seconds.
>>
>> Caught ERROR while processing --eval option "(load "test-
>> force.script")":
>>   Failed to find asdf-abcl.lisp in /ebs/test/asdf/tmp/asdf-abcl.abcl.
>> Using abcl , test-force.script failed
>>
> This looks like a failure in ABCL's make-pathname or merge-pathnames mechanism.
>
> Mark, can you comment?

abcl-0.18.1 is not going to work with ASDF2.  You currently need
to compile ABCL from a post svn r12551 commit.  The necessary fixes
have been backported to the upcoming  (any day now) abcl-0.19
release.

The specific bug you are encountering involves abcl-0.18.1 not being
able to handle the renaming of a FASL, as ASDF2 compiles to
"asdf-tmp.XXX" and then renames to "asdf-<LISP_IMPLEMENTATION>.XXX".
Rather embaressing for us, really, so [we fixed it fast][1]

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12550

[…]

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."