[asdf-devel] something in recent commit causes ACL testing to go into an infinite loop

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Mar 23 12:34:29 UTC 2010

On 3/22/10 Mar 22 -10:04 PM, Faré wrote:
> On 22 March 2010 22:35, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 22 March 2010 22:13, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to use the normal rewrite rules in the tests?
>>>
>> Sure but then we should either
>> 1- always recompile asdf.lisp (as before)
>> or
>> 2- copy all the implementation directory detection into compile-asdf.lisp
>>
>> I'm leaning towards solution 1.
>>
> Meh, another problem that's not worth the time spent arguing it.
>
> I just committed something that will hopefully satisfy you: try load
> asdf.fasl before you declare it OK. If loading fails, recompile. This
> will hopefully catch the cases where the compiler changed
> incompatibly. Then, use the "normal" :implementation redirection for
> further FASLs.
>
> Please try again. Sorry for the noise.

Brilliant, Faré, thanks.  Working now.

I will ticket the restart issue, because it is probably worth a check.
I will see if I can make a test case.  May just be a matter of us not
having thought about the restarts being used under programmatic control
(as in the test scripts) instead of interactively.

Best,