[asdf-devel] something in recent commit causes ACL testing to go into an infinite loop

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Mar 21 15:49:06 UTC 2010

Now when I run the tests on allegro I get a FILE-INCOMPATIBLE-FASL-ERROR
on file3.fasl.  ASDF then tries to invoke the ASDF:RETRY restart.  Then
it gets the FILE-INCOMPATIBLE-FASL-ERROR on file3.fasl.  ASDF then tries
to invoke the ASDF:RETRY restart.  Then ....

This happened when I tested with 8.2 after testing on 8.1.

When I run this interactively, with the -d option on the command line, I
can invoke a restart which recompiles the file in question, and the
tests complete successfully (21 of 21 successful).

So this suggests that there is a bug in the ASDF:RETRY restart.