[asdf-devel] Enforcing pure *.asd files

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 21:31:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>wrote:

> I can see Juanjo's point, but I would like to suggest that we defer this
> until ASDF 3; it's simply too much to bite off this time around, IMO.

I agree that it is hard to get this right. However, would it be ok if I code
a crawler that performs the anaylisis of ASDF systems? This would be a nice
excuse to add a collect-op and ensure it works.

> Suggestion:  if the group thinks this is a good idea, let's
> 1.  Add a "future plans" section to the manual
> 2.  Insert a write-up about this proposal in there.

Would a wiki make sense? I built one for ecl in wikispaces.com and it is
quite easy to handle and change by anyone -- not only by people with access
to the manual sources.

Best,

Juanjo

--