[asdf-devel] Package manipulation [ was ASDF traverse changed behavior? ]

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:09:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may very well be that my recent package manipulations (in hope of
> achieving hot upgrade of ASDF) are what broke ASDF on ECL, and not
> Robert's TRAVERSE fixes.
> I apologize if that is the case. Can you pull 1.651 and see if it
> fixed the issue?

Sitting behind a firewall, will not be able to pull from git for a few
hours. I have a small question though.

Why not using the scheme

(defpackage :asdf-boot
 ...)
; all new code using asdf-boot package
; rename package "asdf" -> "asdf-old"
; rename package "asdf-boot" -> "asdf"

instead of manually moving the symbols around? The difference here is that
the symbols that the compiler reads in "all new code" are well defined and
are the same ones that will end up being installed in the final "ASDF"
package.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC