[asdf-devel] hooking into cl:require on ccl

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu Mar 18 01:12:15 UTC 2010

Some users apparently like cl:require to use ASDF to provide modules.

In http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/changeset/12260, we added code to ccl that will do this if ASDF is loaded.  It seems to me that this really belongs in upstream ASDF.

The already-present-in-ASDF SBCL-specific code to do this looks like it could be adapted to work on ccl also.

If the answer is "we would welcome a patch", I can try to provide one, but I barely know how to work ASDF, and I'm hoping that some generous ASDF committer will be able to make the changes.

Then, when ASDF2 is ready, I can import it into ccl, and remove r12260.