[asdf-devel] Patches for ABCL against asdf-1.641

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Mar 16 15:59:29 UTC 2010

Attached are patches in 'abcl-asdf.patch' to get asdf-1.641 to work
against ABCL for the run-tests.sh.

Unfortunately, you will need to build [ABCL from trunk][1] using at
least svn r12550, because I had to patch ABCL to work with ASDF.  And
you'll need to apply the 'abcl-translate-pathname.patch'.

[1]: svn://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear/svn/trunk/abcl

Notes:

1.  The fugliness of the conditional around ASDF:GET-UID works around a
bug in the ABCL compiler.  We are in the process of [analyzing the
error][2].

[2]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/89

2.  There is some undiagnosed problem in translating the binary location
for the new ASDF2 "~/.cache" conventions, as ABCL seems to "collapses"
everything into a single directory.  Somehow, the default
*output-translations* have a "/**/**/*.*" where there should be
"/**/*.*".  I'm not sure if this is a problem in
"abcl-translate-pathname.patch", which is why I didn't apply this to
ABCL trunk.

3. ASDF's run-tests.sh seems to ignore the "flags" setting, which seems
to be broken on the ASDF side.

4.  The changes for ASDF look quite interesting.  However I would
advocate that you should make ASDF2 work *exactly* like ASDF1 out of the
box, meaning you shouldn't do any of the subsumed ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS
stuff without being asked to by configuration.

is nothing to compare to it now."