[asdf-devel] Tests now leave files behind

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Mar 16 03:31:52 UTC 2010

On 3/15/10 Mar 15 -10:26 PM, Faré wrote:
> The simplest way to do it would be something like
>
> export ASDF_OUTPUT_TRANSLATIONS=/:$PWD/../tmp/fasls/$command
>
> or maybe you'll prefer that at the end of defun load-asdf:
>
> (asdf::initialize-output-translations
>  `(:asdf-output-translations
>    (:root (,(truename (asdf:merge-pathnames* #p"../tmp/fasls/
> *default-pathname-defaults*)) :implementation))
>    :ignore-inherited-configuration))

Sigh.  And this reminds me that I never managed to get the CLEAN-OP into
ASDF.  I had it all queued up to go, was just waiting to get some tests
written, and then the code got all rearranged, and I never slogged
through the diff process to figure out how to salvage the CLEAN-OP....

But we should probably have one for this.

Alternatively, should we use something like gentemp to make the fasl
directory and then blow it away afterwards?

I just the other day wrote some filesystem related tests and, yes, they
came back to bite us when I didn't clean some of the files up after
myself.... :-/

cheers,