[asdf-devel] Cache? Translations? How to get rid of them?

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Mon Mar 15 15:56:56 UTC 2010

good afternoon;

this does not sound like a case for specialization. it sounds more
like delegation.
what about hooking an output translator into the components.
if it is there, it is used. if it is not, no translation happens.
(as much as i may regret this) the "standard" output translation is
supplied as the default initform / or default initarg.
if one supplied nil in the initialization form, that is used instead
and no translation happens.