[asdf-devel] output-translations documentation

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:46:21 UTC 2010

On 12 March 2010 08:46, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> On 3/11/10 Mar 11 -11:55 PM, Faré wrote:
>> On 12 March 2010 00:05, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>
>> What other former ABL behaviour do you want me to give examples for?
>
> A behavior that, like ABL, creates a subdirectory for each different
> lisp implementation.
>
> Would that be
>
> (asdf:initialize-output-translations
>  '(:asdf-output-translations (:root)
>           (:current-directory :implementation-type))
>
> ?

More like

(asdf:initialize-output-translations
 `(:asdf-output-translations
    (:root (,(truename *default-pathname-defaults*) :implementation-type))))

or if you want to only redirect output for what's in
the current self-contained directory, and want it to
be inside a predictable subdirectory thereof, you can use:

(let ((cwd (truename *default-pathname-defaults*)))
  (asdf:initialize-output-translations
   `(:asdf-output-translations
      (,cwd (,cwd "asdf-output" :implementation-type)))))

Demand Truly Free Health Care: where doctors need neither pay, food, sleep
nor training, and hospitals grow on trees!