[asdf-devel] revising asdf manual

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Mar 11 23:48:58 UTC 2010

The section 8/9 merge was easy.  The section 7 (where does asdf write
its files?) one is going to be more difficult.

It turns out that this stuff is discussed in THREE locations:

1.  The "configuring ASDF chapter;

2.  Section 7

3.  README.asdf-output-translations.

Getting those three merged sensibly is going to be a bit more work than
I'd hoped.

I'm inclined to start by having the configuration chapter just crossref
to section 7, and merge all the stuff into section 7.  Then we can
figure out how to reorganize things.

I think we should probably update this to restore some one-paragraph
"here's how you turn it on with a minimum of fuss" introduction.
Regrettably, I don't see how that's possible with the full, heavyweight
new configuration procedure.

Cheers,