[asdf-devel] asdf.texinfo version 1.375 has errors [resend as ML member] --- works for me

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Mar 11 13:48:35 UTC 2010

On 1/22/10 Jan 22 -6:50 AM, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While trying to build a new Debian package I get the following errors:

OK, this is peculiar.  When /I/ build asdf.texinfo, I see no errors:

[rpgoldman-2:~/lisp/asdf] rpg% makeinfo --verbose asdf.texinfo
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.13
Making info file `asdf.info' from `asdf.texinfo'.
Formatting node Top...
Formatting node Introduction...
Formatting node Using asdf to load systems...
Formatting node Defining systems with defsystem...
Formatting node The defsystem form...
Formatting node A more involved example...
Formatting node The defsystem grammar...
Formatting node Other code in .asd files...
Formatting node The object model of asdf...
Formatting node Operations...
Formatting node Predefined operations of asdf...
Formatting node Creating new operations...
Formatting node Components...
Formatting node Common attributes of components...
Formatting node Pre-defined subclasses of component...
Formatting node Creating new component types...
Formatting node Controlling where ASDF saves compiled files...
Formatting node Error handling...
Formatting node Compilation error and warning handling...
Formatting node Miscellaneous additional functionality...
Formatting node Getting the latest version...
Formatting node FAQ...
Formatting node TODO list...
Formatting node missing bits in implementation...
Formatting node Inspiration...
Formatting node Concept Index...
Formatting node Function and Class Index...
Formatting node Variable Index...

When I look at your patch, I see the line marked as your insertion
already in my copy of asdf.texinfo.

And I have rechecked this against the git repo.  In the HEAD on
common-lisp.net, this works.

So for now, dismissed as WORKSFORME....

Wait a minute --- we're on 1.630 + one more asdf.texinfo patch.  Why are
you using 1.375?

best,