[asdf-devel] never ending component relative pathnames [2]

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Mar 10 13:47:35 UTC 2010

On 3/10/10 Mar 10 -3:40 AM, james anderson wrote:

> On 2010-03-10, at 00:49 , Faré wrote:
>
>> Dear James,

>> These are not currently portably valid:
>> * module "./"
>
> => remove these entries.
> elsewhere it is described that "." should work.

Question of clarification:  is "elsewhere" somewhere in the manual?  If
so, and if it is the feeling of the ASDF community that these should NOT
work, please send me a pointer to the location, and I will excise it.

As an aside, I'm not a big fan of having syntax that is read but that
doesn't behave.

Would it be possible to try to trap these cases and raise errors for them?

Thanks,