[asdf-devel] texinfo documentation

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 04:39:04 UTC 2010

>> I can't find my way through the texinfo documentation. Too much manual
>> section management. Could we be using something nicer? ReST? Exscribe?
>> Gary King's CL-Markdown?
>
> Texinfo is standard and the toolchain is available to everyone.
>
> CL-Markdown has a big dependency chain, and a brittle one.
>
> If you use emacs, it will take care of all of the manual section
> management: Texinfo > Update every node, Texinfo > Node..., Texinfo >
> Create menu....  Similarly, emacs will take care of building for you, to
> a number of different formats.
>
> So far, I'm pretty much the only one editing the manual.  I promise to
> stop if the format changes.

I understand. If you do the section work or walk me through it on IRC,
I can do the filling the blanks for specifying how ASDF computes pathnames
from module names, and what is or isn't portable to use.

The revolution will be won, not, as the authoritarians would claim, when the
last political boss is hanged with the bowels of the last state propagandist,
but, as the libertarians know, when the ever-repeated attempts to lure people
into subservience are systematically greeted with laughter and drowned in
ridicule by free men who are well-armed both physically and intellectually.