[asdf-devel] never ending component relative pathnames

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:47:45 UTC 2010

OK, I just committed ASDF 1.628, that tries to play well with logical-pathnames.

I refactored component-relative-pathname, and introduced a utility
MERGE-PATHNAMES*
that considers that a relative pathname's host and device do not
matter, and the host and device from the defaults should be used in
this case.

Can you give it a try?

NOTE: when you're using logical pathnames, I'm bypassing output translations,
with the idea that whoever uses logical pathnames probably wants to
handle these himself.

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will
never believe you anyway.
        — Elbert Hubbard