[asdf-devel] circular dependencies

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:07:43 UTC 2010

On 11 June 2010 15:22, Seth Burleigh <seth at tewebs.com> wrote:
> Every once in a while when im creating an asd file and it fails to load,
> when i change it and attempt to load again it signals
>
> ASDF could not load script because Condition ASDF:CIRCULAR-DEPENDENCY
> was signalled..
>

> Now, i know there is no circular dependency, but I cant yet successfully
> reproduce it consistently, so can someone maybe explain what I should do
> when that bug occurs so i can track down the source; i.e., how
> circularity is detected, etc.

Can you reproduce the bug reliably? Get a backtrace?
If so, can you create a launchpad bug with the source code and
backtrace attached?

If you want to debug things, you can grep the source for circular-dependency.

Director is a misnomer. You're a hoper. You put all these people together and
you hope it all works out.  — Frank Oz, director of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"