[asdf-devel] asdf output locations

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:27:03 UTC 2010

My plan for ASDF 1.600 is to rename the (recently) builtin
asdf-binary-locations to asdf-output-locations and make a few
incompatible changes to it.
* These changes will allow for configuration through an API similar to
the one I introduced for the source-registry in 1.500.
* I don't think many people use bleeding-edge enough ASDF to have the
builtin ABL and these kinds of people would easily adapt anyway
* This API will allow the future common-lisp-controller to plug nicely
into ASDF through a supported API that doesn't break other stuff and
isn't broken by it.
* It will also bring all the binary location advantages of
asdf-binary-locations, common-lisp-controller or CL-launch to everyone
with a single, well-documented, supported configuration mechanism.

I committed the following document to explain my current plans, and
would appreciate comments:

http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/xcvb/asdf.git;a=blob;f=README.asdf-output-locations;h=82b8299246ed77b8c9c5c6e689911ae954737baa;hb=29e4b8e6919d5281b6fb5198388e3cfd5bbbe402

Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
        — Frank Tyger