[asdf-devel] possible clisp/win32 incompatibility

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Mon Jan 25 22:46:18 UTC 2010

Daniel Herring wrote:
> Thanks for the ideas.  Poking around a bit further, it appears that in the
> following snippet from output-files-using-mappings
> (*centralize-lisp-binaries* is false), (pathname-directory path) is nil.
>
>                  (make-pathname
>                   :type (pathname-type path)
>                   :directory (append
>                               (pathname-directory path)
>                               (implementation-specific-directory-name))
>                   :defaults path)))))
>
> Thus clisp is seeing ":directory (clisp)" without a leading :relative or
> :absolute.  I don't know the cause and am focused on other issues right
> now (this one has a couple workarounds: use ccl or an older asdf).

I think the code should be

(merge-pathnames
  (make-pathname :directory
    (cons :relative (implementation-specific-directory-name)))
  path)

(your code above seems to assume that (implementation-specific-directory-name)
returns a list)

also, if path could be relative, you will need to bind *MERGE-PATHNAMES-ANSI*
to T around this call.

Sam.