[asdf-devel] ASDF configuration through files

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:17:45 UTC 2010

2010/1/18 Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
>> http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/xcvb/asdf.git
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/485918
>>
>> This hooks into the asdf sysdef search mechanism in a way that takes
>> precedence over the current *central-registry* but falls back to it
>> when systems are not found.
>
> When you say this, you mean, I assume, that if we don't have any config
> files (and configure ASDF through our lisp init files), everything will
> work as before.

Yes, of course. Backward compatibility is key.

> If the code works for people, I'd be willing to see about updating the
> manual.
Thanks! I just committed minor updates to code & docs.

> I'm afraid this code is not good for me to test --- ASDF has moved from
> what is distributed with ACL in such a way that I can no longer run the
> bleeding edge (the incompatibilities with my coworkers are too grave).
Hum. If you can identify backward-incompatibilities, I can hopefully
provide a sane upgrade path.

Backwards compatible — If it's not backwards it's not compatible
        — Greg Newton <gregnewton at netscape.net>