[asdf-devel] tab-blocking commit hook

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Thu Jan 14 17:29:18 UTC 2010

Robert Goldman wrote:
> Is there some reason that this cannot be pushed into the repository
> itself (i.e., used like a blur/clean thing)?  See the bottom of this
> page: http://progit.org/book/ch7-2.html
>
> I.e., we just automagically detabify when staging.
>
> It seems inappropriate to expect everyone to fuss with his/her own
> repository to get this behavior.  Shouldn't we do it once on the shared
> repo and we all get it for free?

That's a good idea, but probably not workable.  First, I don't think the
script will run on stock mswin.  Even if it did, I'm not sure there's a
syntax to run a filter located within the repository (think initial
checkout).

In other words, the attributes filter provides a natural hook for this
type of thing; but I'm not sure its any easier for the end user to set up.
 At least the commit hook is optional.

Later,
Daniel