[asdf-devel] PERFORM COMPILE-OP diagnostics

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Mon Jan 4 12:23:12 UTC 2010

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> I don't like that behaviour at all for the following reasons:

I do.  (Not that I have a vote, but I think there is some value in
binary tools, which fail hard when things go wrong).  Also possibly
relevant is the fact that some of my systems use the current interface,
in order to break early when something regresses; it may not be the best
interface, nor expose the most information possible, but it's used: so
please don't change the interface incompatibly.

In particular, I think that your characterization of failurep from
compile-file being treated as a failure as "obtusive" is not helpful.

Cheers,

Christophe