[asdf-devel] upgradability with ECL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:12:09 UTC 2010

Thanks to Tobias for his several bug reports. I committed fixes to the issues,
building my own ensure-package (in a labels in cl-user, because we don't
have a package in which to do a defun yet).

RPG:
> Follow-up question:  why do we need the ASDF-EXTENSIONS nickname?  Can
> we sacrifice this instead of giving up DEFPACKAGE?  Is it for backwards
> compatibility with some specific, small number of symbols that used to
> be in ASDF-EXTENSIONS?

It is for backwards compatibility indeed.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned
into. — Jonathan Swift