[asdf-devel] Is this necessary in this form? Re: ASDF 1.501

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Feb 2 15:38:29 UTC 2010

On 2010/02/02, at 13:46 , james anderson wrote:
> I never had a
> good feeling about a configuration system which introduced itself to
> the world with the conclusion "Hence, all in one file", and am ever
> less convinced that it needs to be that way.

Are you complaining here from the developers of ASDF stand point of
from the users of ASDF stand point?

My understanding is that the single-file feature is a good thing for
users of ASDF: they only have to download and LOAD a single file.
This is good.

For the developers of ASDF point of view, if it becomes inconvenient
to develop in a single big source file, it shouldn't be too hard to
split the sources in several files, and have an asd file to build
asdf.lisp from the concatenation of the source files.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com