[asdf-devel] asdf output locations

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Mon Feb 1 14:42:51 UTC 2010

> My plan for ASDF 1.600 is to rename the (recently) builtin
> asdf-binary-locations to asdf-output-locations and make a few
> incompatible changes to it.

Please don't.  I don't have time for a long explanation; but A-B-L is a
completely accurate description of 90% of what it does, and ASDF has
certain options completely backwards.  (I think it inherited these from
the single-user/single-address-space lisp machine mentality.)  Rather than
institutionalize these, I think there are straightforward ways to start
turning towards a better path.

Please ping me if I don't get back to this in a couple days (I had a few
comments to make re 1.5.0 that have also languished).  Or maybe we could
meet somewhere to hash out some better ideas.

- Daniel