[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.501

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Feb 1 06:59:18 UTC 2010

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> I've just released ASDF 1.501 in the official repository, now with all
> the source registry configuration that I previously discussed. It's
> currently documented in its own file README.source-registry, rather
> than in the general manual asdf.texinfo, as it should be. Patch
> welcome.
>
> Note that I bumped the version from 1.375 to 1.500 then 1.501. This to
> indicate that we're not using CVS anymore, that I've reached a
> milestone towards my goal of an "ASDF 2" that I could push as a
> replacement to ASDF. It passes the tests with SBCL. But the tests
> could be extended to do more.

Before bumping to 2.0 directly, I'd suggest to go through at least one
phase of release candidate. The release candidate is pushed to vendors
(hopefully they will adopt even though it's called release candidate),
the difference is that all newly introduced APIs are marked as
"Experimental" until the actual 2.0 release. So the API is time-tested
for a few months.

  -T.