[asdf-devel] Store all fasl files in a relative directory to the .asd file

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Dec 6 14:25:58 UTC 2010

On 12/5/10 Dec 5 -9:15 PM, Jianshi Huang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anybody show me what's the recommended approach to make all the
> compiled files to be stored in a relative directory, either in .asd
> file or by lisp code? I'm using ASDF 2.010
>
> Say, if I have a project in $HOME/prj/ with prj.asd defined, and all
> it's dependencies in $HOME/prj/lib/. When I load the project in sbcl,
> I want all the compiled fasl files to be stored under
> $HOME/prj/fasl/sbcl/.
>
> I can only find configuration files in manual and am not sure about
> the usage of other APIs. An pseudo-code example would be very helpful.
>
> P.S.
>
> I was doing (setf asdf::*user-cache* ...) and it worked fine in 2.009,
> but it seems not working in 2.010.

Have you tried enabling ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS-COMPATIBILITY, without
CENTRALIZE-BINARIES?

Please have a look again at the manual for this function and see if it
meets your needs.

Faré may have a different solution based on the DSL.  I suspect that
something involving :HOME will do the trick --- if you use SBCL, at
least, I don't think you want ALL the fasl files relocated; some should
stay in /usr/lib...

Also, if you can, please let us know why this didn't emerge from the
manual as a possible solution.  I'd like to enhance the manual if
there's something obvious to be done.

Best,