[asdf-devel] Should ASDF define many packages?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Aug 31 16:55:14 UTC 2010

On 19 August 2010 22:04, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is whether we should avoid creating extra packages, and
> instead export all relevant functions from ASDF, or should we keep

Exporting random internal utilities from ASDF is a terrible idea, IMO.

People will use them, and then you will be oblidged to maintain them
even when you decide that they're not what you wanted.

They also pointlessly pollute the namespaces of clients who use ASDF.

(It doesn't personally bother me, but it just seems wrong on pretty
much every level.)

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus