[asdf-devel] Is there anything one can do to make old versions of clisp run ASDF2?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Aug 29 22:25:10 UTC 2010

I am getting complaints about a library that I maintain, which is loaded
using ASDF, from CLISP users.

These aren't bugs with my system, but when they try to bring up ASDF to
load it... fail.  This has to do with this error:

#<PACKAGE POSIX> has no external symbol with name "UID"

I believe there is a CLISP ticket about this.

The problem is that the version of CLISP distributed with Ubuntu 10.4
and the one distributed with OpenSUSE 11.2 both are too old to have this
fix.

It seems like it would be A Good Thing if ASDF2 could be made compatible
with Ubuntu and OpenSUSE.

Is there an easy work-around for this that we could patch into the
current version of ASDF2?

Cheers,