[asdf-devel] :ASDF-DEPENDENCIES implemented

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 20 08:10:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I pushed Juanjo's patch for :ASDF-DEPENDENCIES as 1.704, except that I
> renamed the feature :SYSTEM-DEPENDENCIES. Maybe it should have been
> :SYSTEM-DEPENDS-ON. Ahem. You tell me what you think.

There is obviously a naming problem.

:system-dependencies looks like the dependencies are equivalent to
:depends-on
:asdf-dependencies is ugly and does not give much information

I could suggest,

:meta-dependencies which is ugly, but may ring a bell (AMOP)
:defsystem-depends-on which is more like a sentence (current spirit)

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)