[asdf-devel] :ASDF-DEPENDENCIES implemented

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Apr 18 14:50:49 UTC 2010

On 4/17/10 Apr 17 -4:08 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> It is a two-lines change that allows a defsystem form depend on a
> package that provides additional functionality, such as new system
> classes, new system options, new methods, etc.
>
> :ASDF-DEPENDENCIES ({system-name}*)

Suggest you also add :optional-dependencies

This would be for things like test libraries.  ASDF would make a best
effort attempt to load these systems, but should be entitled to assume
that they are optional and that it should be able to process the
defsystem correctly without them, if losing some functions.

E.g., we have an asdf extension for our test library, ASDF-NST.  It
would be nice if we could list that as an optional-dependency.  Our
systems load correctly if you /don't/ have NST, but would behave better
in the presence of ASDF-NST.

Best,