[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.0 and beyond.

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Sun Apr 18 12:07:52 UTC 2010

good afternoon;

On 2010-04-18, at 00:20 , Faré wrote:

> If there are any bug fixes or improvements you think should definitely
> be in 2.0, please open a bug in launchpad and tag them as such
> (milestone: version 2), or otherwise make it prominent in your message
> on this mailing-list.
> [ ... ]
>
> Juanjo and janderson both have had very good ideas, although in both
> cases, I think that there's a gap from the good idea to something that
> can be released as part of the build tool that everyone will use.

good, but of limited use. that's ok. i stand by much less flattering
characterizations.

on the topic of "bug fixes and improvements", i was looking for some
background information on asdf-output-locations, without success:
- is there a functional specification?
- are there regression tests which address its functionality?

i have found the passages in the documentation with describe aspects
of the user interface, and there appears to be one unit test which
exercises some components of the implementation, but i was not able
to find anything which either described use-cases, specified
functionality, or demonstrated it.

there is a test file in the original asdf-binary-locations sources,
but it does not read as if it would be compatible with 2.0.
is there something which i have overlooked?

thanks,