[asdf-devel] new asdf does not like matlisp.asd

Mario S. Mommer m_mommer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 18:31:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

what follows is, as far as I am concerned, an observation, and not a bug
report. Maybe it is an interesting issue to keep in mind.

So I upgraded to the new asdf, and observed the following. When I load
matlisp with the .asd attached, I get an error that goes like this

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /home/mommer/.cache/common-lisp/sbcl-1.0.37-linux-x86-64/home/mommer/dev/matlisp/lib/libmatlisp.so: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The reason for the ld error is that that ^.*/lib/.* does not exist, and
again the reason seems to be this: (slightly edited)

--------------
[...]

(defsystem :matlisp
    :components
  ((:unix-dso "alien code"
              :pathname ""
              :dso-name "lib/libmatlisp" ;; barf
              :components
              ((:alien-module "BLAS"
                              :pathname "LAPACK/BLAS/SRC/"
[...]

I presume one can defend the new asdf here, and I can fix it for me by
removing the "lib/" as it does not matter one iota. But I also would
expect this to come up again.

Regards,
        Mario.