[asdf-devel] ASDF2 cache control?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 05:21:54 UTC 2010

On 6 April 2010 04:58, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Faré wrote:
>>
>> I lean the central cache way. But I can be convinced otherwise.
>
> I agree that central caching is a good idea, but think a single central
> cache is overly simplistic.  Traditional unix systems have /bin, /usr/bin,
> and /usr/local/bin -- each with its purpose -- as well as miscellaneous
> other directories in the PATH.  MS boxes have a similar thing with
> c:\windows\... and c:\progra~1\...

Well, you can configure

Speaking of Windows, I'm pretty sure the "central cache" currently
does the wrong thing on implementations where drive letters are
interpreted as host or device instead of directory (as in e.g.
cygwin). Which implementations are they? Can someone using one of them
come up with something that works? I opened this:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/556217

To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure;
to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy.
		— David Brooks, "The Necessity of Atheism"