[asdf-devel] ASDF2 cache control?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 16:58:29 UTC 2010

OK, so should the default be no translation, except for software that
is system installed?

I still think that the cache being on by default is ultimately
simpler, least surprising, and more useful.

Mario's analogy with make is OK to a point, but ASDF differs very much
from make, too. And with multiple implementations, making a "don't
map" default can really get in the way. Especially as I'd like to
promote some portability and "test with multiple
architectures/implementations" style. I do catch more bugs thanks to
SBCL, CLISP, ECL, etc.

Can anyone setup a google questionnaire or some other survey?

I walked a mile with Pleasure, / She chattered all the way;
But left me none the wiser, / For all she had to say. //
I walked a mile with Sorrow / And ne'er a word said she;
But, oh, the things I learned from her / When Sorrow walked with me!
        — Robert Browning Hamilton