[asdf-devel] Two questions

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Wed Sep 30 12:34:40 UTC 2009

   > 1. Problems with the :feature feature.

   It's the "asdf:feature feature", not the ":feature feature".

If you're suggesting I can go

   (:file "foo" :depends-on ((asdf:feature :frob)))

-- well, I tried it and the results weren't any different.

   You'll probably also want :if-component-dep-fails :ignore, if the
   effect you want is for foo simply not to be loaded if :frob is not
   present on *features*.

Wouldn't that supress all sorts of genuine errors?

   [...]

   With an :around method on asdf:output-files.

Tried that, it didn't have any effect.

Never mind, I'll find something else to write about (uhm, some other
aspects of ASDF, I mean).

- n