[asdf-devel] ASDF features under discussion

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Sep 21 13:27:54 UTC 2009

2009/8/19 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:

> First the question. What is the level of integration of ASDF with
> different implementations? Does ASDF support all lisp implementations
> equally? Does SBCL (and perhaps other) ship the latest versions of
> ASDF?

(Sorry for the late answer.) SBCL ships with a periodically updated
upstream ASDF.

That is, it might not be the latest bleeding-edge one for each
release, but the intention is that the one SBCL comes with contains no
modifications. Historically this has not always been true, I think,
but it has been the intention.

If cleaning ASDF of the SBCL-contrib-releated stuff is done, then
possibly this will change -- but even in that case we would prefer to
keep the changes minimal.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus