[asdf-devel] (no subject)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:01:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:
> I think that ASDF may need some loving to work in ECL; otherwise, it
> should be good.

ECL runs its own copy basically because the current ASDF project did
not exist at the time -- we just ported SBCL's version. Now, ECL has
its own extensions to ASDF, which are needed to build: standalone
executables, unified FASLs (merging the different FASLs from the same
project), shared and statically linked libraries, etc
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch16.html

It would be desirable to replace the core of the ASDF library that we
are now using with the project that Gary maintains, and then find a
canonical way of writing our extensions, so that they are fool- and
future-proof.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC