[asdf-devel] announce - asdf 1.363

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Thu Sep 10 02:51:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Gary King wrote:
> My apologies for lack of gitcompetence but I'm confused as to what I've done
> wrong.

You're getting there.

>> [parsnip:/repository/git/asdf] gwking% git describe --tag
>> 1.363
>> [parsnip:/repository/git/asdf] gwking% git push --tags cl.net
>> Everything up-to-date
>
> but, as you both noted, the master repo on
> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf isn't right.
>
> Is this the problem? (If so, how do I fix it)

Somehow the "master" branch fell behind the latest tag.  The following
is one way to update it.
# git branch        # [optional] expected result: "* master"
# git rebase 1.363  # expected result: "fast forward to 5b3d1..."
# git show          # [optional] expected result: show the 5b3d1 patch
# gitk --all        # [optional] visually verify master is at 1.363
# git push cl.net master

As to how this happened, beats me.  The "branch -r" doesn't show anything
amiss.  Maybe you did a push into this repo and didn't update the master
branch before pushing to cl.net?

Hope that helps,
Daniel