[asdf-devel] loading a standalone lisp file

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:27:12 UTC 2009

2009/10/28 Gary King <gwking at metabang.com>:
>> Speaking of optimization settings, does anyone see any problem with
>> putting in ASDF something that deterministically (re)sets the
>> optimization setting before each and any perform operation? Otherwise,
>> optimization settings will vary wildly depending on what
>> implementation you use, which files get recompiled, etc.
>
> I think we should do this; it's on my list.

Here's a skeleton of implementation (don't forget a defgeneric).

(defmethod perform :before (operation component)
    (proclaim-optimization-settings-for operation component))

(defmethod proclaim-optimization-settings-for (op component)
    (declare (ignorable op component))
    (proclaim `(optimize ,@*default-optimization-settings*)))

Unrelatedly, a slight refactoring patch is attached. It would makes it
easier for ADG and other ASDF add-ons to reuse in a future-proof way
the ASDF pathname merging algorithm.

Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
                -- Samuel Goldwyn