[asdf-devel] loading a standalone lisp file

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:36:31 UTC 2009

The recommended way is to write a trivial .asd file for said library.

The other way is to load this library first thing in your build as
part of your Lisp setup, the same that loads asdf.lisp itself and
configures your central registry and defines your optimization
settings.

Speaking of optimization settings, does anyone see any problem with
putting in ASDF something that deterministically (re)sets the
optimization setting before each and any perform operation? Otherwise,
optimization settings will vary wildly depending on what
implementation you use, which files get recompiled, etc.

Every country has an army, either its own or a foreign one.