[asdf-devel] ASDF test-op question

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 04:45:55 UTC 2009

Maybe ASDF is the wrong place to try to standardize testing infrastructure?

I mean, maybe instead the authors of various test infrastructures
should have a common list where they discuss interoperability,
reporting, and a declarative way of specifying dependencies between
test suites, between files and test suites, etc.?

Since for instance XCVB doesn't have testing support yet, but testing
support is amongst our eventual goals, I would be eager to have
feedback on how a new build system could "do things right" in this
regard -- or perhaps avoid doing anything, and just plugging into
something else.

To say that power is corrupted is like saying that water is wet.