[asdf-devel] ASDF test-op question

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Oct 8 10:16:48 UTC 2009

Robert Goldman writes:

> An alternative solution would be to provide a :stream or :filename init
> argument for the test-op operation class and bind a dynamic variable
> around every perform, making the stream or filename available for
> writing....

To me, the most interesting advantage that I see in ASDF providing a
test operation, is that it should allow for automatic testing of
arbitrary software packages.

I do not see how providing a stream argument is relevant to that. Or do
you propose that people should /parse/ a test framework's output?

  -T.