[asdf-devel] ASDF test-op question

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:04:45 UTC 2009

> That is why I have been suggesting that we provide a test operation that
> binds a stream --- because most of the test frameworks I have worked
> with provide a test report, rather than returning results.

fyi, stefil returns a CLOS object containing the test results (and
provides slime inspector customizations to present it specially in the
inspector).

as it doesn't work too well through asdf:test-op, it also provides a
print-object method that prints a minimal text representation of the
data.

when test-op'ed, we print the result object to *standard-output*. when
used interactively, the test defun that was used to start the testing
simply returns the result value which we inspect in slime when needed.

--
 attila