[asdf-devel] Note on ASDF getting started guide...

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:59:48 UTC 2009

2009/10/5 Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
> Alternatively, is it possible to modify the portable ASDF distro so that
> out of the box it would be capable of not breaking contrib modules?

I did my best in /xcvb/no-asdf to allow the uninstallation of a previous ASDF
such that the new installation will not break contrib modules. I needed it so as
to use the latest ASDF whereas Debian has an ancient one, and SBCL is
not always cutting-edge enough for me.

It looks like it's working to me. If there are issues that can be
fixed, I'll welcome bug reports and patches.

http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/xcvb/xcvb.git;a=blob;f=no-asdf.lisp

People are not born rich and become poor because of some dreadful phenomenon.
They are born deprived of anything and become rich when they do but by the
accumulated fruits of their own and their ancestors' labor: their capital.