[asdf-devel] Output Stream for ASDF

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Nov 30 15:08:01 UTC 2009

Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Thomas Bartscher writes:
>
>> Why are warnings of asdf put into *standard-output*?
>> Wouldn't it be easier to put those into something like *asdf-warnigs*? This way
>> users of asdf could redirect those wherever they want.
>
> That's a pet peeve of RPG, in fact. I suggest to log that feature
> request at https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf for the time being. (Extra
> bonus points for actually providing a patch, of course. :-))

An interesting question is whether this should be done by means of a
global like *asdf-warnings* or whether it could be put into the
operation objects by means of an initarg.  Probably some combination is
possible (put it in the operation and then use around methods to
configure a dynamic variable).

Once again, we will be challenged by the fact that there is no funcall
wrapped around the full extent of performing an operation on a system.

best,