[asdf-devel] Two questions and note about the ASDF manual

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Nov 17 13:27:17 UTC 2009

2009/9/30 Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>:

> I really wish there was a comment here, since I don't know why there are
> two branches that seem to handle feature, and that handle it differently
> (why does the former just eq match and the latter do the more careful
> string-equal testing?).

The answer is that first case handles things like

 :in-order-to ((compile-op (feature :foo)))

and the second -- which is not the atm -- would handle things like

 :depends-on ((feature :foo))

...both are best combined with :if-componend-dep-fails :try-next

so you can do things like

   (:module "ports"
            :if-component-dep-fails :try-next
            :components ((:file "sbcl" :in-order-to ((compile-op
(feature :sbcl))))
                         (:file "ccl" :in-order-to ((compile-op
(feature :ccl))))))

Cheers,