[asdf-devel] problems defining a new component class

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Nov 13 00:44:14 UTC 2009

I'm finding that for some reason the :default-initargs to a new
component class (a subclass of cl-source-file) I've defined are not
getting applied.

I have a vague memory that there's some weirdness in the way asdf
creates components that means that this doesn't work, but I'd be obliged
if anyone could provide more guidance.  In particular, I would be very
grateful for any suggested workaround if, as I suspect, this is
something that ASDF simply won't let me do.

many thanks,